We will take care of building regulations

Your deposit with us is protected and we also have your building regulations sorted. You can expect your building regulation certificate after we complete your installation.

Depending on what work you are getting done, we will register your installation with the relevant building regulations and this service is included with every installation we do.

A rated



for longer quality products

20 year



finance available

Building regulations? we have it sorted!

    Building regulations

    The Competent Person Scheme (CPS) regulates the double-glazing and other industry. Its ensure that double glazing installations follow Building Regulations as well as protect the buyer’s interests and installation quality.

    Since 1st April 2002, all replacement window and door installations must be covered by a Building Regulation Compliance Certificate issued either from a member of an authorised Competent Person Scheme (CPS) or directly from the building control department of your local authority to show they legally comply with Building Regulations. You will need this certificate if you choose to sell your home.


    Porch, conservatories and extensions

    Depending on the type of porch, conservatory or extension you will receive the relevant building regulations. Guidelines can vary, however, we would advise depending on your requirements.



    There are two main competent person self-certification schemes; CERTASS and FENSA. Some projects will need a certificate from either of these as proof of building regulations– which is necessary if you choose to sell your property. Polar Bear Windows uses CERTASS as they hold more accreditations and have provided unparallel support to us and our customer over the years.

    We will send you a building regulations certificate after your installation if your job requires one.


    Planning permission

    Although we can advise on planning permission, any project that needs planning permission will have to be submitted by you to your local council.

    Rated the best in Bristol

    Do not take our word for it – we have the most positive reviews than any other bristol-base installation company.

    • review
    • review
    • review
    • review
    • review
    • review
    best in